Photo courtesy of my phone and one of Instagram’s filters. Thanks to Bixby for modeling!
Ah, Saturday. This is great since I slept in until 9:16. It is 47 degrees out, so I am indoors. My dog posed for this photo which is from last week’s 70- degree weather. I hope you don’t mind, but this may become a regular Coffee Share photo for me. 🙂 If we were having coffee on this 28th day of January, I would tell you:
- I feel overwhelmed, as work is getting test-driven and crazy with FSA (state test) coming up.
- Sometimes I think I took on too much, as I am taking an online course that is required for re-certification. The plus side is I am taking it along with a friend, and sometimes we stay after at work to get it done (mostly) in one afternoon. We’ll order Chinese food and chow down in the classroom as we read the material and make our required responses. It’s much easier that way.
- It also seems there is so much more on my plate since my son’s accident. It wasn’t too much of a hectic week in regards to paperwork, but he’s been laid off and seems a little listless. He can’t drive right now, either. I’ve been making sure to take him to his support group, which makes for another hectic day hurrying home from work and eating so I can get him there. Although there is a group for parents (NAMI), I’m not ready to go back. The last time I attended, it was almost taken over by a loud, vociferous, political squawker. Sorry if that sounds nasty, but they are in abundance lately, and a family group is not the place for it. At any rate, this crazy, busy few weeks has gotten in the way of writing.
- Speaking of writing, I did write a short story. Dark, mysterious, and slightly supernatural, it really pleased me to write it in light of all of the emotions I am dealing with lately. Sometimes, I think we judge ourselves for feeling negative thoughts. Would God want us to judge ourselves? No. I think he’d want us to love and accept ourselves if we are not hurting anyone. Considering, this was my channel to let those thoughts out. Heck, I even giggled once. However, as I think on it, I know that I must edit and revise a few things. And there is no time right now. Nonetheless, I sent it to my boyfriend who is going to sketch me a wonderfully absurd picture that can accompany this story whenever I publish it here or wherever I decide. It will be free, that part is for sure, so I’ll certainly share when it comes out an encourage everyone to read it!
- On writing and living, you may have noticed my dislike and almost paranoia of hospitals in last week’s post. Just writing about that gave me ideas. It may appear in a publication of mine. Sure, it may take a year, but it shall be there. Why? Because this fear of hospitals is pervasive amongst many of us. It appears in Literature, movies, and even in the Seinfeld “Pigman” episode. Bless Jerry for allowing us to laugh at our fears. While I doubt I’ll be humorous about it, it is better to express them somehow, than to bottle them inside.
- I forgot to mention, a reviewer’s blog has reviewed my book Made for Me! Check it out at lilbooklovers.wordpress.com!
- So now, I hope to spend some time with family, and maybe even my dog!
Well, here I am again, extolling the virtues of self-expression (writing being one of them) and how it helps us to hang on, to survive as a species. Thank you for listening to mine! Hang in there, friends, and keep letting it out.
*The Weekend Coffee Share is hosted by Part Time Monster . I kept it simple by just making a list. That’s about my pace this weekend, keeping it simple. You can join this week’s Coffee Share on her blog or by clicking on the “Linkup Linky.” In fact, I encourage you to click on the “linky” to see what’s been going on in the lives of other bloggers and even join us if you haven’t yet to share about your week in writing or otherwise living in general.