Image from Beaton at Becoming the Muse Blog
This is my second post for Best of the Year. My blogging habit involves forgetting for a few days, so I am posting a few days at a time.
6. Album-Imagine Dragons, “Evolve”, which includes “Whatever it Takes” and “Natural.” I am not really up to speed on new albums. When it comes to music, I know what I like, and I stick with it. However, I do listen to the radio at times, and Imagine Dragons is one of my favorite. Specifically, “Whatever it Takes” is a favorite. It motivates me and makes me want to do things, not just getting out of bed, but making a difference in this world. I love the lead singer’s voice, and the lyrics just pop. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOsM-DYAEhY
In fact, I’m playing it right now to get my plans for the day in gear!
7. Experience- Sailing in RI. I wrote a blog post on it this summer in July or August. My dad and his firned in RI took us sailing past Naragansett Bay and toward the ocean. It was a little scary, but quite inspiring. Sometimes things that scare you can really wake you up to life. That, and it was a beautiful day with awesome sights!
It was sunset by the time we got back, and what a beautiful sunset!
8. Meal- Lunch in Amelia Island at a quaint little seafood place. Sadly, I have not been trying new things much. My stomach over-reacts to certain things, so I am pretty careful. However, there is one meal I remember fondly. It was a lovely day, and we sat outdoors. I had a club sandwich with blue cheese potato salad, something I don’t eat often, and the potato salad was of a kind I have never tried. It was scrumptious! I was having weird stomach issues and afraid to eat seafood, but this lunch was great. I splurged and had a lot of calories in that lunch. The friends I went with are all retired teachers, and we were having a lot of fun that day, shopping and lunching. Then, one of them starts throwing fries on the ground for the birds. 🙂 Those birds were having a party…
9. Drink- Orange is the New Crack. It’s kind of like an Orange Julius for adults. This accompanied my meal at Amelia Island with my friends. Doesn’t the name explain itself? Can you believe I only had one?
10. News Story- I avoid the news. The only news stories I can recall made me cry this year. But I appreciate those that bring me to tears of joy and hope; one example would be the kindness and humanity that arose out of the fires in Malibu, CA in November. People were stuck in their cars with the fire blazing around them; they could not get out. However, groups rescued many left behind animals and took them in. People risked their lives to help others. One of them, a garbageman whose boss told him to cut his route short and go home, instead checked on the homes of some of the elderly residents he knew. He ended up rescuing one 93-year-old woman. Thank God for those with a heart! https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/17/us/camp-fire-garbageman/index.html
11. Purchase- Gazelle. It’s an exercise machine that does not require electricity. I purchased it in case we had another homebound/hurricane scare this year, which I am glad to say we didn’t! Two years in a row we had them, and I gained weight due to comfort eating. I am at a point where I still think I look just fine, but I do not need five more pounds. Guess what? I use it twice a week, don’t have to brush my hair like I would for the gym, and I can read while on it in relative peace and quiet, unlike my exercise experience at the gym. Which reminds me, I need to cancel that membership….
Thanks for reading! In a couple of days, I will have a few more for you!