Welcome to my Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Allison at Eclectic Ali. You know when people ask you “what’s up” and you say “Nothin'” or “not much,” but you know you’re lying and they know or they didn’t even mean it when they ask you “what’s up?” Let’s not do that. Sit a while, sip your favorite beverage, chat, and listen.
What’s up with me?
- Went to Santee South Carolina with my boyfriend and mom yesterday to meet my brother and his wife at a state park for a picnic. They took Mom home with them to NC for a few days. It was beautiful and we all enjoyed it until it started raining and the wind blowing with almost hurricane force. We made it back home in clear skies, though. It was a good day trip.
- My grown son was, as a result, on his own to get to and from work yesterday driving my mother’s car. He made it back without event.
- The aforementioned son of mine texted me in the afternoon to ask when we were getting back. By gosh, I think he missed me. The dog obviously did, but my son made it known in his subtle ways.
- COVID cases are really rising in my state of Florida. I think I am being pretty safe, I just wish they’d find a vaccine already.
- I finally was able to get an MRI for my shoulder. (Honestly, it should have happened sooner so I would know what limits to set for myself). My insurance did not approve the request back in Dec. and required me to go through some hoops first. I should have pushed for it back then. It turns out there is a partial tear and some other arthritic in the AC. The doc wants me to see an orthopedic surgeon for an opinion. I’m not going to share my feelings on this just yet, but a less invasive solution is my hope.
- I caved and got a steroid shot for said shoulder. The shot hurt, but I felt better later. I’m icing it a lot and did not drive much on the way to SC. Luckily, the boyfriend was willing to drive more.
- I’ve been reading books about healing and visualization is one form of self-encouragement and relaxation. So I visualize a vampire fairy, yes, that’s what I said, biting my arm which is always stiff due to tension or perhaps self-protection because of my shoulder. It will bite me much like a mosquito, and take out all negative energy that causes me stiffness and pain. Said fairy will then fly off to the ocean and vomit it out. (It has to go somewhere). Of course, it stirs up a storm there, but we end up getting rain for days on end. No worse that acid rain. In fact, it will lose its negative energy the more it pours down, and I will have no tension and much less pain. Where did you all think rain came from? Oh, never mind.
8. I have randomly been working on a rough draft for my next book in the Detours in Time universe, based on Ellie from the last two Detours in Time books. Like Malachi, she is one of those characters that has really stuck with me. Well, I visualized and wrote the ending. The beginning and middle are not fleshed out, but at least I can go forward with the end in mind! It is kind of exciting, now that I think about it.
9. Just like that, I have a voice narrator for my most recent book, Malachi Ruse Master! He is currently working on the 15 minute sample. I’ll be sure to keep you updated as we go along.
10. Does anyone know where I can publish a short story that I think is really good? I’ve found and entered 1 online contest, and searched other story sites but cannot see myself boxing the story into a limited amount of space or words. It’s not long, but it is beautiful and mysterious as it is; I do not want to change it to fit tight specifications. Still, I want to share it with the world, and the new Twilight Zone is no longer taking submissions for possible publication on screen. 😦 Ideas anyone?
So, there you have it. I may have left some details untouched, but you definitely have an idea of what is up with me! I skipped Coffee Share last week, so there was some catching up to do, and the ‘top ten’ format helped me focus. I hope you have a great weekend and upcoming week! How is life in your world?